Already have a Username/Password for Intersectionalities: A Global Journal of Social Work Analysis, Research, Polity, and Practice?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- My article has not been previously published (except as a doctoral dissertation), nor is it before another journal for consideration (or I’ve provided an explanation in Comments to the Editor).
- The file I’m submitting is a Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format document file.
- My text is double-spaced throughout; I have used 12-point Times New Roman font; and I have used italics, rather than underlining (except for automatically formatted URLs).
- My manuscript follows APA guidelines and Intersectionalities’ own “Style Guide for Authors” in all matters of style, especially in formatting of citations and references.
- To ensure double-masked peer review I have removed all information identifying me from the body of my manuscript. But my cover page contains the following information:
- the title of the manuscript
- author name(s) and affiliation(s)
- contact information for the corresponding author (if applicable)
- biographic information for each author (maximum 75 words each)
- the exact word count (not including references) of the manuscript
- the title of the manuscript
- At the beginning of the manuscript immediately following the cover page, I have included an abstract and keywords.
- After the abstract I have indicated which of the journal’s themes the manuscript best falls under. If the manuscript clearly fits within more than one theme, I have listed them in order of relevance.
- I have cited all illustrations, figures, and tables by number within the text, but have placed them together in sequence at the end of the manuscript, after the references.
Intersectionalities is an open access journal. Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.